For the bars:
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut milk from a can (the solid thick part)
- 1/8 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/8 cup maple syrup or honey
- Optional: 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Optional: Vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 6 tbsp unsweetened carob powder
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2-3 tbps maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup coconut milk from a can
- Pinch of salt
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the bars until well combined. Transfer the mixture into a tray, spread it evenly and press on top with a spoon (I used my fingers for that). Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, or until the mixture has hardened.
When the coconut mixture is hardened enough, make the topping by gently mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. HINT: It works best when the coconut oil is slightly heated. Then, pour it over the coconut mixture and refrigerate again for minimum 2-3 hours.
When ready, cut it into squares and enjoy 😊 Store it in the fridge or in the freezer.