NOTE: With the following ingredients I made 4 small tarts. You can double them if you want to make a bigger amount.
For the tarts:
- 6 pitted unsweetened dates, or about 75 g
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened), or about 40 g
- 1 tbsp carob powder
For the jam:
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (you can also use fresh)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp gelatin
NOTE: The recipe works pretty well with or without baking the tarts, so it is up to you what you’d prefer.
- If you decide to bake them, preheat the oven to 180 ℃ while making the tarts.
- In a food processor, combine the dates, shredded coconut and carob powder and blend until the dates are chunk-free and finely shredded.
- For the batter you can use a small tart or muffin tin (I used silicone muffin cups because that’s all I have 😊 ). Press with your hands about 1 tbsp of the batter into the walls of the tin/cup so that you have a nice base for the jam.
- Bake for about 8-10 min.
- In the meantime, prepare the jam. In a small sauce pan, combine the berries with the maple syrup and cook on low to medium for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. After that, add the gelatin and stir it well until the gelatin dissolves.
- Pour the jam into the tat tin/cups and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. NOTE: there might be some extra jam left, which you can enjoy with some coconut yogurt or on its own 😊